Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happiness, I love you all.

Over the weekend I went to Nashville Tennessee and Honestly I couldn't have asked for anything more. We got 4th place which is amazing for nationals and I am so extremely excited. We have worked so hard all year for this and each and every person on the team deserved it. We were all so proud. We also all sent in letters and our director would most outstanding director. It was so great and we had some much and we are such a close family, I don't know what I'm gonna do without them. 
This season we have had a lot of ups and downs. There has been fights and anger and we all don't always get along the best. But then I realized how close we actually are! We may fight sometimes but we are a family. I love all the people in our showchoir. We had a practice where we took the time to sit down and just talk before nationals. We sat in a big circle and honestly I hadn't cried that much in a long time. Almost everyone was crying, even the boys, yes even the boys. I am not one to say much  so I didn't say anything out loud but a lot of people did. We had worked so hard all year to try to be the best we could be and when we failed we would get back up and try again. But how we really felt came out when people talked and how much we cared more than jus to win. We had shared to us how much the show meant to us and others. Because our show was Military themed, it was a tribute to all soldiers and anyone who fought for our country. So many people were touched by our show it was unreal. People loved what we were doing and understand that it was more than just winning. We were a family and we did it together and not for any reason but the goodness of our hearts.
Another thing that came up a lot in our circle was a lot to do with our director. Mr. Ziegler is honestly the best. A lot of people brought up the fact of how good he is compared to other coaches and its so true. I have never had such a good and understanding teacher.  A lot of my other coaches or teachers weren't as, as flexible as I assumed they would be so I was super concerned. Before the showchoir season started  he sat down with every single person and had an individual talked with them about any questions and concerns. When I started talking to Mr. Ziegler he was completely understanding about all my activities and made sure that everything will work out even with my busy schedule, which took a lot of stress off my shoulders. He is so extremely understand and if you ever have any problems you can go to him and you know he will always be there and be as realistic and understanding as possible. I know most of the people in showchoir, including myself all feel this way. He won best director at nationals he deserves it 500% he is the best and I can't imagine how I would be different without the experience of Happiness this year. The people were great and I had an amazing year. It will be so hard to let the seniors go this year, there will be many tears. 

Here are just some things that people have said that make you just realize what we are like. These are just a few of the things that people wrote on our happiness Facebook page but there were even more said out loud. 


"Words cannot express my thoughts and feelings about the last 4 days with all of you. Every time I try to express them I cry. You are all a true inspiration and an amazing bunch of kids. I love you all. You worked SO hard to get here and although results weren't always what you would have hoped, there couldn't have been a better outcome in Nashville. To all the parents behind the scenes, you are too special for words. Thank you for being so awesome to our kids. And Storm, I am so blessed to have known you for as long as I have. You are an absolute gift from God. Oh my, going out will be rough!! See you back in CR." -Chea R.


"You are all rad." -Jordan L.


"I just want to say that I am still in awe of last night, and I love you each of you so incredibly much♥ Each and every one of you is such an important part of our show! Without any of you, our show just wouldn't feel the same to me. Thank you for making my last year of show choir the best one I've ever had. Time to go out with a bang!" -Melissa F.


 "can't even explain to you how happy I was all day yesterday, last night, and it carried over into today! I have so much fun performing with you all and finals round last night was amazing. I've only had a couple of performances in my life where you get a feeling that the whole group is truly unified. THANK YOU HAPPINESS!" -Emily P.


"Okay so we got 6th yesterday, WHATEVER. You guys brought me to tears, definitely our best shows yet. All of our hard work really is noticeable. And on top of that I just wanna say thank you so much to all of you for being so kind and making this whole sprained foot/crutches thing a little bit more bearable. I wouldn't trade this team for the world, and I can't wait to be back on stage with you guys next weekend!" -Abby H.

No comments:

Post a Comment