Thursday, April 10, 2014

Filters

Now a days people don't put a single selfie up without editing it first. It is almost a little crazy how insane it is that people feel the need to edit it first before posting it or sending it to someone. I say this yet I am one of those people. I have an unreal of editing apps on my phone though I usually only use one of my two favorite ones which is Afterlight or the well know VSCOcam, but are we truly showing who we really are when we put photos up that are completely edited. Girls especially, you can't deny it that you have all spend a long time before posting a selfie trying to make it look the best it can. When you are social media though is this changing the way people look at us in real life.
Since now its no secret that people edit there photos, I barely even think about it when looking at instagram or twitter, but its when I see them in person that I notice what they actually look like. There is different kinds of people who edit photos. There are the extreme people who take it all the way and you can tell they edited out every imperfection and whitened there teeth to bright and there filter is super unnatural. As people get older then tend to get better at that but there is still a few people out there who are questionable if they realize how bad they are editing there photos. Then there is the next kind of people who just edit there picture with filters that look good and sometimes edit out a zit or two but overall it looks pretty natural. When you say natural with a filter it means it still looks like it could maybe be really but you know that they still edited to make it look better but its no shame because everyone does it. This is the most common thing people do because it honestly gets you the most likes and your picture looks the best it can. The last kind of people are the people who don't edit their photos at all. This seems good but and good for them but personally  I just don't think they look as quality. They photos usually have crappy lighting or just bad quality in general. There is also the people who take selfies in front of a window so there face is whited out a lot and write #nofilter but its no secret, we all know that trick so don't try that one anymore. When you see them in person though you know that they actually look like that in there photos to which is brave of them. When you see people in there photos compared to person it is a lot different. It makes me sad for our generation that we don't feel comfortable enough to post a picture of ourselves with out editing them first. I am one of those people and I wish I wasn't but I for sure am. I wish there was something we could do but I don't think it will ever change.
Anyways some tips I have for you is even if they cost money, get the good editing apps. Afterlight is only 99 cents and works really well.  On this app there are at least 50 filters under three different categories that you can choose from! It also has the usual setting like changing the brightness, clarity, exposure, contrast, etc. that most editing apps have. It also has this cool settings where you can add like fade and things like that to the picture to make it look like it is an old photo or tinted a certain way. My favorite part about this app though is frames. All the frames are meant so you can put it perfectly on Instagram. You can choose the frames shape and it can be white or black. My personal favorite though is VSCOcam and this one is free which is nice. When you  get it you have to sign up which is nice though because then it saves all your photos in there when you edit them unless you delete them out. This one does not have as many filters to put on but still a lot of filters that I like a lot. This app has probably the best exposure settings to make photos look the best when using it. It also comes with other settings like the other apps to and work just as well. Over all these easily stores the photos you edited and makes them look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment