Sunday, April 6, 2014

Geocaching

If you are like me, you probably haven't heard of Geocaching. I didn't know what it was until just a few weeks ago. And if it weren't so cold I would do it more! But anyways. You can get the app on your phone. It is Just Geocaching, one word. You can get the free version to test it and make sure you like it before you actually buy it for sure! When you first make one you do have to sign up and so it can know where your current location is. Then it give you locations within about 3 miles away where there are things you can find! I think it is the coolest thing!
There are actually a lot more then you think and fun! Some are easier then others and some you really have to search for! At everyone there is a thing for you to sign your name so make sure you have a pencil with you in case the geocatch is small and doesn't have one with it! Sometimes there are even prizes in then so have something that you can switch if you wanna take sometime! There are literally everywhere you go! I have been to multiple states and checked and found them everywhere!
At first I got it and used it and then I was questioning if I was ever gonna use it at all because I didn't know when to cause we live in Iowa and the weather is so crappy! But since it has warmed up Here it has gotten more and more fun! I have used as a date idea which was extremely fun! We went to find things together and it was a cute little adventure date! Also we double dated once and raced to see who could find things first which made it even more competitive and adventurous. If you wanted you could see how many you could find in an hour or just race to find the same one. Also I plan to take the kids I nanny all summer to run around with them and have them find some. Because they are ranked to show you difficulty. Depending on the age of the kids you can decide which ones to find! You can also just do it with your friends if you are bored cause who wouldn't like to do that, especially if there is nothing else to do and you are just sitting at home, might as well go and explore the outdoors and have some fun while getting fresh air!
You can buy a version if you really love it too! Which gives you access to even more things to do with it. I don't have the version that is the paid version so I can't say much about it but everyone who has it, I have only heard positive things about it and no negative. If you didn't know this was a thing like me I would for sure check it out cause its something supper fun you can do whenever! I really enjoy  it and hope you do too! Here is there website for more info! http://www.geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment