Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Habitat For Humanity

Last week I went with my friend to get fitted for a fashion show for charity. When I was there they invited me to join to cause they could use extra girls they said! I was super excited to join because ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to walk on stage and have all eyes on me but my problem is I am also very shy so I can't do anything like sing alone or dance or speak in front of people. So that dream went down the drain but doing this fashion show sounded really fun! It was like professional but not super strict or anything which was good for my first time walking.
We got fitted at this second hand store because the idea of the fashion show was for Habitat for Humanity and they wanted to show that recycling and second hand clothing is good and still stylish. Both my friend I got to find things around the store that fit us well and were cute. My friend, Jill, found a cute black dress that was from BCBG and then she accesorized it with jewelry and purple heels for some color pop.  I went for the more casual look and wore skinny jeans and I found a really cute black grey and coral cardigan which I wore with a black tank and then accented it with a big statement necklace that just had a it of coral to match the cardigan. I wore it with black pumps I have that are Steven madden. You have to wear heels no matter the outfit on stage. Especially  I had to because I am short compared to all of them. I am 5'7 myself and all the rest of them are like 5'9 at least. They all also have flawless skin and no acne which made me feel a little insecure because of my acne which isn't even that bad but compared to them it seemed that way. They are all extremely skinny too. Every single girl was pretty tiny and there hips and waist and bust is all so small. When it came to the skinny factor I was fine because I am a naturally small person and I always have been.
After the fitting the next day we had a run through of all the orders we walked in and practiced in our heels and with our music. When the girl was half way done in front of us you had to stand back left and stand and look sassy then when the person got back and stood next to you, you could walk. You walked down the runway and then to the right side of the stage and then to the left and then back and stood and waited for the next person to walk and you get off and you are done. We ran through this with the order to make sure we were all ready and knew what to do especially for Jill and I since it was our first time walking ever.
At the place this girl said that she couldn't come and do it anymore and she was younger which means she was shorter. They were struggling cause the dress they were trying to get the girls to wear it was too short on them because they were all so tall! This is where I came in handy because I am "short"! I was then put into the finally with a a dress which I was supper excited about! The dress I wore was part of the contest where companies made costumes and they had to be out of recycled material completely! My dress was more a computer company and I wore a dress that was black and sparkly and then covered in CD's! It sounds crazy I know but everyones was! The girl in front of me had a dress that was completely made out of coffee things and were all dyed. It was actually a beautiful dress and it won the contest! The person bethink be was a giant flower pot and had a flower head. One girl even  had giant wings that she had to walk with! It was so much fun and I had a super fun time and It was a really good experience! The lady even asked Jill and I to model again for explain senior pictures for a company that does them near by! I am super excited and I wish I could do the fashion show again! I can't wait for more fun experiences with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment