Thursday, May 8, 2014

School Dress Code

Today for the first time in high school history I had to go to the principal's office because I was in trouble. My teacher told me after my first hour that the assistant principle wanted to talk to me and I had to report to the office. My first thought was that I was getting in trouble because I am usually a few minutes late to her class so I assumed it was about my attendance issues or something like that. I had seen him walking into my class earlier that day and my teacher then left the room with him to talk to him but then came back so I thought nothing of it just a question. It turns out my teacher had called him down to talk about my outfit and how it was inappropriate. I was not aware of this though until I had to go to his office after class. I think that this is absolutely ridiculous and it makes me so mad.
First off my teacher at the end of class told me that she needed to talk to me and so I waited to see what she had to say and then she just hesitated and told me to go to the assistant principles office before my next class. Confused and worried, because I am not one who likes getting in trouble at all, it makes me want to cry, I went to his office. As I walked in he asked me if I was who I was and asked me if my teacher had talked to me about what this was about, she had not so then he told me to sit down in this office and wait for him. So all alone I sat there scared of what I had done and waited for him for what felt like several minutes. Finally came in a shut the door and sat down. His first words were "We have been concerned about you Leah" of course I was like "about what...." because I was still very confused. Then he proceeded to tell me about how my dress code has been very inappropriate lately and I am not following dress code. Very annoyed that this is why they were "so concerned about me" with as little sass as I could give I offered to go put a jacket on and hold myself back from fighting it. They said they would just give me a t-shirt but I was not about to just wear some random shirt from the school so I insisted that I would go and my jacket from the car and not wear a t-shirt from school. I angrily left after that and was sent to my car to go get a jacket and then was late to my next class. I do not feel that what I am wearing is inappropriate but I will get to that. Even if what I was wearing was not to my teachers liking she should have told me herself that she didn't find my shirt ok and to please put a jacket on. It is absolutely ridiculous that she had to call the assistant principle down first and then talk to him in the hall during class to just tell him that she thinks my shirt isn't okay. She had the guts to have someone else tell me what I was wearing isn't appropriate but she wouldn't say it to my face. The fact that they made a big deal out of it and couldn't just nicely tell me makes me upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment