Saturday, May 17, 2014

College

Picking what college to go to is a really big choice and can influence the rest of your life. I lately have been on the search for more colleges because at first I though I knew where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do but slowly I have been changing my mind. People put so much pressure on you trying to decided where to go and what to do for school. The one thing I have always been interested in is fashion and shopping. So off of that I was looking into jobs that had to do with that. Ever since then I found out what a buyer is. A buyer for a company is someone who picks out everything and decides where it comes from and what the price is and when it goes in the store and for how long and you have to keep updated fashion and make sure you know what people like and what they are looking for. I was super excited when I found out this is actually a thing and I am really interested in it. So after that the next time someone asked me what I want to do I told them I want to be a buyer for a clothing or department store. You should have seen there faces. Most people of the people I have told have said "you know it is different then just shopping right?"  and "you can't shop as a job". Almost everyone I have told has not been very positive about it and seems rather disappointed in me. I continue to get the same reaction every time I tell people so I am so torn on what to do. The end of high school is coming up fast and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I have little ideas in my head and little plans I make but I know how much it can change it a heartbeat. Parents always when first talking to you ask you the question. What do you want to do with your life after school. Normally I make up some BS answer and try to talk about maybe following my dads footsteps and going into business. I never really put much thought into what I want to do with my life after school. Now it is all coming at me so fast and there is so much to think about. I found this website which was a very helpful way to help me organize colleges to help me pick which ones to look at. https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/ It helps specifically pick what colleges are best for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment